Financial Support: Free School Meals and Benefits

Free School Meals - The Advantages

Did you know… just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? Many children are missing out because families do not register.

Even if your child is in Foundation Stage, Year 1 or Year 2, it is important to register. You only have to do this once and the school will be allocated Pupil Premium funding to provide additional opportunities for your child for the next 6 years.

You can register online, confidentially, by going to the school website and clicking on FLO, then Financial Support, Free School Meals.

You may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:

Income Support

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

income-related Employment and Support Allowance

support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

the guaranteed element of Pension Credit

Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income less than £16,190)

Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

Information  for parents and carers with children and young people with additional needs/disabilities in Ashford, Shepway and Dover

Benefits Calculator – By entering your details, find out what benefits you may be entitled to:

Benefits Calculator

 Disability Living allowance- You may be entitled to DLA for your child under 16, which is a regular allowance to help with extra costs if your child requires more care than a child without additional needs. Find out more information on the legibility and how to apply by clicking on the link below:

DLA Application and Information

Personal independence payments- A regular payment to support young people and adults age 16+ .To find out more on eligibility and how to apply, click on the link below:

Personal Independence Payments Carer’s allowance- If you provide care for at least 35 hours per week, you may be entitled to receive a carer’s allowance in respect of the additional care needs of a child/young person with additional needs. For information about the criteria and how to claim See link below: Child and working Tax credits- If you claim child or working tax credits, you may be entitled to claim a disability element which will be added on top of your normal payment. See link below for more details.

Read more

Friendship, Compassion, Equality, Endurance and Forgiveness